The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) is a national credential system that trains, develops, assesses and certifies skills and competencies for the workforce aimed to:-
- Promote recognition of skills and competencies to facilitate progression, mastery and mobility;
- Promote holistic development of the workforce through technical and generic skills and competencies;
- Support economic development by professionalising skills and competencies to drive industry transformation, productivity and innovation efforts; and
- Encourage lifelong learning.
SRA is a provider of WSQ Courses which are developed under the WSQ system based on skills and competencies validated by employers, unions and professional bodies. This ensures existing and emerging skills and competencies that are in demand are used to inform training and development under WSQ. The WSQ system also adopts the skills and competencies covered in the Skills Frameworks launched in 2016. The WSQ programmes are funded and quality-assured by SkillsFuture Singapore, which awards the WSQ certifications. Key features of WSQ courses are:-
- A competency-based system, designed to develop job role-specific skills and competencies, as well as generic skills and competencies that are required across job roles.
- Does not require academic pre-requisites for entry and recognises prior learning, such as work experience and credentials. Available in bite-sized modules leading to the award of a Statement of Attainment, which an individual may acquire leading up to a full WSQ qualification.
- Makes available skills and qualification pathways which align to the Skills Framework for the respective sectors.
- Statements of Attainment and qualifications are quality assured and awarded by SkillsFuture Singapore and/or in partnership with established awarding bodies.
Plan the career path of your employees and help them acquire new skills to take on a new job role and/or enhance their productivity. Register your employees for our various competency based WSQ courses designed to be interactive and engaging comprising lectures, group discussions and assessments. For now, training will be conducted via ZOOM over 2 full-days. Course fees range between $350 to $750 BEFORE SUBSIDY. In addition to SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) course fee funding of up to 80%, both SME and non-SME companies are also eligible for the Absentee Payroll funding at 80% of hourly basic salary, capped at $7.50 per hour*. Click on the below course list for more information.
*All applications for training grant are subjected to SSG’s final approval.
Contact Sok Jee at email@example.com /HP:9760 9810 for more details