SRA 44th Annual General Meeting 2022
The Singapore Retailers Association unveiled its New President, Office Bearers and Council Members for the term FY 2022 – 2024 at the 44th Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 23 March
Commencement of the SRA 44th AGM Proceedings
Mr Ernie Koh, Chairman of Commune Lifestyle Pte Ltd, was elected as SRA’s new President. He takes the helm from Mr R Dhinakaran, who has served 3 consecutive terms (2-year each) since 2016. Mr Douglas Benjamin and Ms Gan Siok Hoon were elected Vice-Presidents with Mrs Helen Khoo as Honorary Secretary and Mr Pang Fu Wei appointed the Treasurer.
Mr Ernie Koh, SRA’s new President for term FY 2022 – 2024
In a simple Token of Appreciation Presentation, Mr Koh presented Mr Dhinakaran with a crystal plaque in appreciation of his exemplary dedication and leadership in leading SRA over the past six years.
Mr Ernie Koh presenting Mr R Dhinakaran with a Token of Appreciation for his exemplary dedication and leadership over the past 6 years
SRA also shared the “Retail Re-Imagined” 5-year Retail Sector Roadmap, which charts the Association’s key focus and direction for the retail industry in the next 5 years. Key pillars like Technology & Innovation, Internationalisation and Manpower, Jobs & Skills will be amongst SRA key directions to drive transformation in the retail industry, with the Local Enterprise & Association Development (LEAD) projects supporting the implementation of the sector roadmap.
Ms Selena Ling, Chief Economist, Head of Treasury Research & Strategy, Global Treasury at OCBC Bank, sharing the business outlook for 2022
After the AGM Proceedings, Ms Selena Ling, Chief Economist, Head of Treasury Research & Strategy, Global Treasury at OCBC Bank, presented an insightful analysis on the Business Outlook for 2022. She shared that the Russia-Ukraine conflict may lead to more disruptions to some global supply chains and have a greater impact to trade for Eurozone economies. The effect on Singapore is likely to be limited although the government is closely monitoring economic and inflation risks.
The retail industry may see a silver lining in 2022 with the easing of safe management measures and international border restrictions. However, retailers may still face challenges like higher electricity costs and the lack of foreign labour and higher levies.
Mr Ernie Koh and Ms Selena Ling in a lively panel discussion moderated by Dr Lynda Wee, Adjunct Associate Professor, Nanyang Business School, NTU
SRA members who attended the event in-person and virtually had the opportunity to engage Mr Koh and Ms Ling in the panel discussion. Topics on productivity were discussed on how retailers can leverage on technology to be less reliant on manpower to achieve greater efficiency. Internationalisation was strongly encouraged but not limited to setting up overseas outlets but also to leverage on overseas business networks to achieve savings in marketing & promotional activities, design & advertising and even HR capabilities. Our members greatly benefitted from the candid and insightful views of our panelists. The panel discussion was moderated by Dr Lynda Wee, Adjunct Associate Professor, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University.
Group photo for a successful SRA 44th AGM. See you next year!
SRA COUNCIL (TERM 2022-2024)
Immediate Past President:
Mr R. Dhinakaran, Managing Director, Jay Gee Enterprises (Pte) Ltd
Mr Ernie Koh, Chairman, Commune Lifestyle Pte Ltd
- Mr Douglas Benjamin, Chief Executive Officer, FJ Benjamin (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Ms Gan Siok Hoon, Chief Executive Officer, Telecom Equipment Pte Ltd, (subsidiary of Singtel)
Mrs Helen Khoo, Special Advisor to Chairman’s office, Wing Tai Holdings Limited
Mr Pang Fu Wei, Group Managing Director, Mothercare (S) Pte Ltd
- Mr Udai Kunzru, Managing Director, BHG (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Mr Lester Quah, Advisor, Cold Storage Singapore (1983) Pte Ltd
- Ms Serene Seow, Managing Director, Eu Yan Sang (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Mr Jason Lee, Chief Executive Officer, La Parfumerie Pte Ltd
- Mr Alwyn Chong, Regional Managing Director, Luxasia Pte Ltd
- Mrs Wong Sioe Hong, Executive Chairman, Metro (Pte) Ltd
- Ms Elaine Heng, Deputy Group Chief Executive Officer and Chief Executive Officer (Retail Business), FairPrice Group
- Ms Lynn Tan, 2nd Deputy Chief Executive Officer, OSIM International Pte Ltd
- Mr Kenneth Aruldoss, Managing Director (Asia), Pertama Merchandising Pte Ltd (Harvey Norman)
- Mr Ng Whye Keong, Group Director, Pet Lovers Centre Pte Ltd
- Ms Pauline Ng, Founder & Managing Director, Porcelain Pte Ltd
- Mr Jeremy Taylor, Managing Director, Stevetay Pte Ltd (Cash Converters)
- Mr Norman Ho, Group General Manager, The Hour Glass Limited
Click here for their full profiles