Government Cash Payout (2021 Rental Support Scheme)August 5, 2021
As announced by the Ministry of Finance, to support businesses with rental costs during the two Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) (“P2(HA)”) periods, the Government will provide rental support to Small and Medium Enterprises (“SMEs”) and eligible Non-Profit Organisations (“NPOs”) with an annual revenue not exceeding $100 million, who are tenant-occupiers of qualifying commercial properties.
Key points to take note
- Tenants and owner-occupiers will receive their first Rental Support Scheme (RSS) payout from 6 August 2021.
- SMEs and eligible Non-Profit Organisations with annual revenue not exceeding $100 million will receive an RSS payout equivalent to half a month of rent for the period of 14 May to 29 May 2021.
- A second cash payout of an additional half a month of rent for qualifying tenants and owner-occupiers of privately-owned commercial properties will be disbursed in October 2021.
- Eligible tenants and owner-occupiers will be notified by post of their RSS cash payout or could log in to myTax Portal from 6 August 2021 to view the electronic copy of their letter.
- Eligible tenants and owner-occupiers with PayNow or existing GIRO arrangements with IRAS can expect to receive the RSS cash payouts from 6 August 2021. Those without these payment arrangements will receive cheques by 20 August 2021.
- Eligible tenants, including licensees who did not automatically receive the payout notification from IRAS should submit an application to IRAS for assessment. The application will open on 16 August 2021.
For more information, you may click here.