[COVID-19] Updated Advisory for Safe Management Measures at Retail Establishments and Lifestyle-Related ServiceOctober 13, 2021
Singapore entered the Stabilisation Phase on 27 September 2021 to slow down the rate of transmission and protect our healthcare system. The Multi-Ministry Taskforce (MTF) announced a tightening of Safe Management Measures (SMMs) from 27 September through 24 October 2021, to slow down current community transmissions. With effect from 13 October 2021, vaccination-differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) will also be further expanded to include entry into malls and large standalone stores.
Starting 13 October 2021, Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) must be implemented for entry to all shopping malls and large standalone stores1.
Only fully vaccinated persons2 will be allowed to enter such premises, with the following exceptions:
a. Medical services
- Unvaccinated persons seeking medical attention from doctors, dentists and registered Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioners in such premises, as well as caregivers of such individuals.
- Proof of appointment (e.g. letter, email, SMS or appointment card) is required for entry.
b. Childcare services
- Unvaccinated caregivers dropping off or picking up children from preschools and childcare centres.
- A letter of support from the preschool or childcare centre is required for entry.
c. Children 12 years and below
- Unvaccinated persons who have recovered from COVID-19. Proof of status can be shown using the TraceTogether app or token; or via a valid discharge memo or MOH exemption notice accompanied by a government-issued photo ID.
- Unvaccinated persons with a negative pre-event test (PET) result will also be permitted entry for the duration of the activity/service.
There will be a grace period from 13 to 19 October 2021 for the VDS to be phased in. The required checks must be imposed during this grace period, but unvaccinated persons can be permitted entry into the malls/large standalone stores with a reminder. This grace period is to familiarise mall/store operators as well as the public with the VDS.
Since 1 October 2021, unvaccinated workers in malls and large standalone stores are already required to undergo twice weekly testing under the “Vaccinate or Regular Test” regime (VoRT). Thus, such workers3 will continue to have access to their workplaces, pending a further review of this policy. The government strongly encourages all unvaccinated workers who are medically eligible to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
The information in the updated retail advisory supersedes that in previous advisories or statements. Click here to read the full advisory.