[Covid-19]-Expanding Testing And Vaccinations In Transition Towards COVID ResilienceAugust 13, 2021
As announced last Friday, unvaccinated individuals from the following settings must be tested twice a week using Antigen Rapid Tests (ART), under the “Vaccinate or Regular Test” (“VoRT”) regime, starting from 1 October 2021:
- The healthcare sector, eldercare sector and settings with children 12 years and below, as these interact with vulnerable segments of the population;
- Sectors where there are interactions with customers in higher-risk mask-off settings, and our borders and COVID-19 frontline work. These sectors include F&B establishments, gyms and fitness studios, and personal care services; and
- The Public Service, including the uniformed services.
The VoRT regime has now been expanded to include retail mall workers, workers in supermarket outlets, taxi and private hire care drivers, last mile delivery personnel, driving school instructors/private driving instructors, and public transport frontline staff as they also interact more frequently with the general public. More details are attached in MOH-130821 – Annex A.
Increased access to vaccinations
- The Ministry of Health (MOH) will make vaccination available at more Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPCs). The list of participating PHPCs can be found on www.vaccine.gov.sg.
- From 10 August 2021, all Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, and Long-Term Pass holders aged 12 years old will be able to walk into any of the vaccination sites offering the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment.
- From 18 August 2021, all Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, and Long-Term Pass holders, aged 12 years old and above, who have yet to receive their first dose will also be able to walk into any polyclinic or participating PHPC without a prior appointment.